The deadline has passed. Thanks for your submissions!
- Always read the terms and conditions first!
- Create an original, super radical, funky-fresh free public transit-inspired design!
A hot tip: These designs should be usable for a variety of mediums, including, but not limited to: tote-bags, shirts, stickers, buttons, mugs, online use.
- Once your design is complete, submit it using the form below as a JPEG file!
- Deadline to submit: April 30th, 2020, 11:59 pm.
- All submissions will be reviewed by a panel of Free Transit Edmonton organizers on April 25, 2020. After reviewing all submissions, Free Transit Edmonton will select five for community voting. There are no guidelines - have fun and be creative in your own unique way!
- Community voting period is from May 1st to May 5th, 2020. The design with the most votes will be contacted and announced over our social media channels the following day.
- The winner’s (1) submission will be featured on future materials for Free Transit Edmonton and receive $100 in exchange for the future use of their art. In addition, 20% of all proceeds (tote bags, shirts, etc.) that includes the design will go directly back to the artist.
Terms and Conditions
Any person, of any age, is eligible for this design contest.
- Youth below the age of 18 who (“Youth Designer/Creator(s)”) must have written consent from a parent or legal guardian.
All designs must be original. If your entry infringes upon the intellectual property right of another, you will be disqualified at the sole discretion of Free Transit Edmonton.
Campaign Deadline: Entries will be accepted until 11:59pm, Friday, April 24th, 2020.
How to Enter: The campaign must be entered by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://freetransitedmonton.ca/design-contest. The entry must fulfill all Campaign requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize.
- In the case of a Youth Designer/Creator submission, written consent must be submitted by a parent or legal guardian along with the design submission.
Prizes: The Winner(s) of the campaign will have their designs on a variety of Free Transit Edmonton, including (but not limited to) shirts, tote bags, buttons, stickers, mugs. The winner will be contacted regarding next steps within one week after May 2nd, 2020 (see below), and will receive $100.00 and a 15% kick-back for all sales with their design.
- Cheques will be made out directly to the winner no later than 30 days after the winner is announced. In the case of a Youth Designer/Creator, the cheque can also have their parent or legal guardian claim on their behalf.
Winner Selection and Notification: the campaign team will select a top 5 out of all the designs submitted. The winner will be selected by community vote out of the top 5. Community vote will be open from April 27th, 2020 at 9:00 am to May 1st, 2020 at 11:59 pm. The winner will be announced on May 2nd, 2020. The winner will be contacted directly over email from the campaign.
By entering this contest, you understand and agree that Free Transit Edmonton, shall have the right to print, publish, broadcast, distribute, and use the design in a variety of capacities. We will always give the winner credit for the design, or keep the winner anonymous - it will be up to the winner to decide.
- In the case of the winner being a Youth Designer/Creator, written consent will need to be provided by their parent or legal guardian to use the Youth Designer/Creator name as credit for art use with merchandise or social media announcements.
Designers and artists that were not voted as the winner of the contest may be contacted at a later date by the Free Transit Edmonton campaign to inquire about potential future use of their artwork by the campaign. No artwork will be used or posted without the consent of the artist.